Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hair Cut

This post is way overdue, I know. So in recent news, LR got a professional haircut for the first time in a very long time. I was tired of chasing him around with the Norelco razor three nights in a row to get a crappy version of a buzz cut. I could never get around the ears or the neck! Last time I took a divot out of the top of his head and I realized one of the plastic tines had broken and was scraping his scalp with each stroke. Nice. On the recommendation of a friend, I took him to Snip-its, a kids only barber shop. Imagine a Disney barber shop and you're pretty much there. Each cutting station has its own TV where they show a relatively lame Snip-its branded cartoon with Snips the Scissors, the head of the Snip-its gang. Anyway, when he first sat down he got to play with bubbles. Then she brought out the razor and he started to freak out. Then he cried. I gave him a lollipop, which they have a huge stash of, and immediately realized my mistake as it was quickly coated with hair clippings. *blech* So I held his hands to keep him from reaching up and getting cut and tried to talk to him about how well he was doing. At one point I said, "I know... it's torture," to which the nice lady cutting his hair replied, "we don't use words like 'cut' or 'torture' so that the kids will want to come back." While I understood the reasoning, 1. LR doesn't know the meaning of the word, 2. he wasn't paying any attention to what I was saying, 3. it was like torture since I had to restrain him during a scary procedure. Anyway, it was worth the premium I paid for a fast, nice looking haircut. For a few days afterward, he asked about whether or not we were going to get his hair cut again. I reassured him by saying that his hair was nice and short and he didn't need another hair cut for a few months. Now I catch him saying "nice, short hair" every once in a while.

So the first picture in this post is of Daddy playing "we're snails" with LR. LR always wants to chase Daddy when he gets home from work. Daddy is almost always accomodating, but on this particular night, Daddy was pretty tired. Instead he told LR they were going to play "snails." LR sat down next to Daddy and mimicked him. When Daddy started to scoot toward Daddy, "chasing" him like a snail, LR jumped up and ran away. Daddy had to convince him that snails don't run, they scoot. LR came back and played for another minute, but lost interest quickly. I laughed the entire time at Daddy's attempt to keep play time quiet. Commendable effort though!

The second picture is of me pointing the camera straight down after Daddy asked LR where the babies are. LR definitely knows where they are! I have so many pictures to post, but I'm going to let them come out with a bunch of follow up posts. I need to cover his new Curious George obsession, his Raccoon mittens, and his nice visit with the family over Thanksgiving.

No comments: