Wednesday, September 30, 2009

LR Turns 4!

Another milestone. LR turned 4 in mid September and couldn't wait for the day. Much like the first day of school, I spent the week leading up to it counting down the number of days to his party. Unfortunately, a rugby game kept his party from being on the day of his birthday (Sat) and instead we had it on Sunday. We celebrated with the family on Saturday and he opened gifts from Missy and J Frog - Mr. Men books, colored pencils, and cars. I also let him open the gifts from the grandparents, aunts, and uncles that had been sitting on the dining room table for a couple of days. He had been dying to open them, so we let him tear into them first thing in the morning. He received an RC car, a Leapster2, games, and books. He was a very happy kid.

The next day was party day. There was a lot of anticipation and I'm thinking next year his birthday should be in the morning so that I don't have to spent the first 5 hours of the day explaining why it's not party time yet. The good news is that it was a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny and we were able to spend the entire party outside.










Never again will I underestimate the power of stickers. The first thing the kids did after arriving was to decorate their hats with stickers. It was 10-15 minutes of quiet kids, sharing stickers and decorating hats. It was AWESOME.




Looks at the focus!








Next was the pinata. J Frog wanted to help.












LR loved it.












But the real hit was the car boxes I made the night before. I was sure the kids wouldn't be interested, but I was totally wrong.






They raced and raced and raced.







They took turns, challenged each other, and raced again.







Then it was time for cake. Maybe not as good as my mom would have made, but not bad for a first effort race track cake.






LR blew out the candles, ate half a large piece of cake, then barfed in the bushes. Ah, birthdays...






J Frog enjoyed his cake too and managed to keep it down.

No comments: