Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daddy and LR Get Their Game On

Right around Christmas I let LR play a racing game on our old XBox. We bought it about 5 years ago when Papa was going through chemo in order to stay in touch and keep him entertained while he was forced to hang out on the couch. After he recovered we didn't use it very often because LR arrived and pretty much took up all our free time. Then LR hit the car phase. Boy, does he love cars - cars, trucks, trains, planes, any sort of vehicle. Over the holidays I started letting him control his viewing of YouTube videos while I cooked, cleaned, or ate in the kitchen, but as Grandma and I discovered, you're always just a click away from something with XXX in the title on YouTube. I thought, maybe he'd enjoy playing our old Gotham Racing game, so I set him up with a controller and showed him how to play. When Daddy came home and found out he accused me of opening Pandora's box. Possibly...

But I have to say, he's been on a competitive streak anyways as a result of preschool and Daddy. Everything is a race to LR. In this picture they are running to catch up with the stroller because, God forbid, the stroller gets home before they do. LR wants to be first to line up in the classroom, drive his Hotwheels to an imaginary finish line, and get to the top of the stairs at bath time. My favorite is when we're on the road and he tells me to "use the gas" because we're being passed by other cars. The highway is one big race to LR and we're a painfully slow minivan. I do appreciate the cheers from the backseat when I pass someone in the slow lane though.

Daddy has stopped complaining about me letting LR play videogames though since they play StarWars Legos together every night before bed on our new XBox 360. The best part is that LR has played live with cousin Bud and Papa. The only downside is that I'm afraid it's kicking his competitive nature into overdrive. For example, the other day Daddy had this conversation with LR in the bathroom.

LR: I just pooped a lot. I poop more than you.
Daddy: Daddy is bigger than you so he poops a lot too.
LR: No, I poop a super lot.
Daddy: laughing

No comments: