Monday, October 06, 2008

Twin Sale

So, twice a year the Massachusetts Mother's of Twins Association puts on a sale of all the members' crap. It's pretty amazing and luckily they hold the sale in our town's high school cafeteria. Two Saturdays ago I sent Daddy with Abra to the sale to see what they could find for Missy for winter clothes. We have enough hand-me-downs for J Frog from LR, so he's okay, but we are obviously limited in girl clothing. They came home with 2 garbage bags full with clothes. I don't think there's any way Missy will even wear it all before she grows out of it. Abra said she'd be playing a lot of dress-up with Missy. I have to admit that after almost a lifetime of jeans and t-shirts, pink, ruffle-y girls clothes are really cute.

About a week and a half ago, Missy started pulling herself up to a standing position. Now she's starting to cruise. She also tried to climb the stairs. I came around the corner a few days ago and she had her hands on the second stair and her knees on the first stair. She's killing me. Daddy pulled the gate out of the basement that night and put it up. It's been down for a year and those were good times. It's a pain to have to go through a gate and both the top and bottom of the stairs, but I'll get used to it. Safety first! So no more dresses for Missy for the time being. Between the crawling and the climbing, there's no place for them.

For a few days J Frog was content to crawl over to Missy and pull her legs out from under her while she was trying to stand. This seems to be a problem that is unique to twins. I don't think I'd have this problem if it were just LR and Missy, but J Frog was intent on grabbing whatever leg was closer and chewing on her pant leg. Plus, he has sharp little teeth! Just in the past few days, he's started to show signs of pulling up. I lowered his mattress since he was hanging over the bar every time Abra or I went in to get him. Missy, however, cries herself to sleep while standing since she can't figure out how to get down. She learned how to get up so fast that I'm not too worried about her learning how to bend those knees. It's the imminent walking that I'm worried about!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Your twins sound so much like Cole and Bella when they were little. I wonder if it's a boy/girl twin thing since I didn't experience any of the same things with Garrett and Landon. Cole learned to stand before Bella and he would often use her as a stepstool to stand on. When she finally did learn how to stand, he'd often come up behind her and pull her feet out from underneath her!!

Glad you got some great buys on clothing!! I've never been to the twins sale here but I probably should!