
A couple of weekends ago we had a great visit from my Uncle T and Aunt E. They live in NY, so we don't see them as often as we'd like now that we're more housebound, but it's great when they stop by to visit.
Missy didn't seem to have much trouble warming up to them although she's still suffering from some stranger fear. I think it may be morphing into a bit of separation anxiety too. She and J Frog both hate when Abra or I leave the room. Maybe it's because J Frog has started using Missy as a step stool. Another blogging friend of mine mentioned in her last comment that her twins did the same thing. As if by magic, within days of that post, J Frog started using Missy to pull himself up. Boy does she scream when he does that!

LR loved having new people to play with and really enjoyed (and is still enjoying) the 2 new Leo
Lionni books they brought for him. We already had "
Let's Make Rabbits" and now we read "
Inch By Inch" and "
Frederick" often during the bedtime routine. I think "Frederick" is his favorite. They also arrived with awesome brown corduroy overalls for the babies. They're perfect for this chilly fall weather and they've already worn them a bunch of times. You can see them wearing them in the pictures too.

Oh, and Missy has her first shiner. I
should've taken a picture of it, but now it's almost healed. She pulled herself up on a chair and then pulled the chair over onto her face. It bashed her right across the eye and I was definitely in let's-get-to-the-ER mode, but once she stopped screaming, I could see that her eye was okay. She has a huge bruise below her eye and a tiny cut on her eyelid. She looks just like some of my rugby players. Thank goodness she held off on doing that until after we came back from a family wedding last weekend. So no more letting Missy crawl out of sight as long as I haven't nailed down
everything.

We did manage to get out to get pumpkins, but they didn't have the bouncy castle at the patch that they had last year. I had promised it to LR and he was pretty disappointed. Without that distraction, it wasn't as fun to haul the kids around the
palettes of pumpkins trying to pick out one for each of us. The double wagon came in handy as a pumpkin hauler though when J Frog decided he'd had enough of riding. That kid just can't be held enough! Such a
cuddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment