Tuesday, March 25, 2008

6 Shots and a Train Ride

Lord B and Lady V had their 2 month visit last Monday and got 3 shots each. He's 22 inches long and 10 lbs. 9 oz. She's 21 inches long and 10 lbs. 6 oz. We would all guess that she's heavier because she has such big cheeks, but I guess the extra length has him pulling ahead. I wasn't as worried about the shots as when LR had them. It was the first time I heard him cry in pain and it made my heart ache. This time I was better prepared. Lord B went first and his cry was identical to the one he gives when he gets his diaper changed. So either that's his only type of cry, or changing his diaper makes him feel like he's getting needles stuck in him. Her cry was definitely stronger than his and unfortunately she reacted the same way LR used to. Her right leg swelled up about 4 hours after the shots and she screamed for a while. Other than that, they slept it off over the next 2 days.

On Friday Daddy and I hopped on our bikes with LR in the trailer behind Daddy. It was 40 degrees with a 15 degree wind chill. We froze, but LR seemed to enjoy it. We stopped at the preschool that LR will be attending in the fall. He met the teachers and checked out the rooms. We had to drag him out.

Then we celebrated Easter with friends D & H and their son King J on Sunday. N and her friend joined us as well and we had a nice meal courtesy of Costco and Boston Market. On Monday Daddy used the last of his paternity days and we took LR on his first train ride. We drove to Alewife station and took the T to Harvard Square. It's been so long since I've ridden the T that it took me a while to figure out the new machines for tickets. We finally got on the T and although LR was thrilled, he also seemed slightly apprehensive when the T finally lurched out of the station. I had forgotten how loud it is in there. When we arrive in Harvard Square, we first located the elevator for the stroller and then went to the Curious George store. Then we hit the ice cream shop and took a rest. I nursed Lady V while Lord B continued to nap. He didn't wake up until we got into the car on the way home. Then it was scream, scream, scream! For the most part, LR loved the outing. He talked about it for the rest of the day and then wanted to go again this morning when he woke up.

Pics are from N's camera since forgot ours...

No comments: