LR has been amazing with the arrival of his 2 new siblings. I was worried that he'd be aggressive with them and try to poke at their eyes. Instead, he's super gentle. He's more defiant with us now, but he doesn't take any of the frustration of sharing his parents out on them. When they cry he goes over to them and says, "what's wrong, baby?" He tells them "it's okay," and he sings them lullabies. He does snatch their pacifiers from tables and runs around with them in his mouth, but since washing and sterilizing them is easy, I've decided that it's a battle I'm not willing to fight.
His conversation skills have improved and he's sleeping better at night. He's marking his territory a bit with the babies by claiming all the blankets in the house, even those made by Gigi, and Great Aunt BJ for the twins. He's still an amazing social butterfly. He loves gymnastics and our large town play group. He says "hi" to everyone on the street and preys other kids in stores, tracking them as potential playmates.
I promise to get more photos up. We have a ton, I've just been staying busy from feeding to feeding. It's amazing how little I can get done around the house. Laundry, dishes, paying bills, etc. is a challenge. I'm still only getting a broken 5 hours of sleep each night, but N and Grandma Nese are helping out, so sometimes I get a nap in during the day.
More next on our family outings. We finally made it out of the house!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment