Here's a snippet of the conversation both Daddy and I have each had when strangers ask us about Lord B and Lady V.
Stranger: What are they?
Daddy: A boy and a girl.
Stranger: Are they identical?
Daddy: Uh...
We've decided that the best possible response is, "Yes, except for the penis."
Lord B has a distinctly long, straight nose while Lady V has the same nose as Hudson. Presumably it's my pre-surgery nose. His lips are slightly more full than hers and he seems to have a tiny dimple in his chin suggesting that he'll have Daddy's small cleft. I also forgot to mention in the post introducing him that he was tongue-tied at birth which means his frenulum, the membrane that attaches the tongue to the bottom of the mouth, extended too far out and was potentially keeping him from nursing correctly. We had the doctor clip the membrane back to prevent any future problems. Luckily, the procedure is painless and bloodless.
As for the rest of their bodies, he has a divot in his sternum that she doesn't have. They both have round little bellies and sticks for legs and arms. I keep waiting for them to gain that chubby baby weight on their thighs, but I haven't seen it yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment