Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We spent our first Thanksgiving day alone ever today. It was a little sad, but very relaxing. We started peeling and cutting before LR even woke up this morning, so we managed to get a lot accomplished by 8:30am. The twins played together very well while we planned the menu and tried a new method of cooking the turkey. (I completely overcooked the turkey thanks to Missy locking the oven at some point which turned it off. By the time I noticed, it was 155 degrees inside the oven. Then I let it cook way too long after that before checking it with a meat thermometer. *sigh*) Very dry turkey, but it'll make fine soup tomorrow. The legs I broke off before the breasts went into the oven and cooked them by boiling them for a few hours in olive oil. Sounds strange, I know, but they came out very nicely, especially when you consider what I did to the larger portion of the turkey. So today I'm thankful that Blade is a foodie and convinced me to try something new - he saved Thanksgiving.

After we ate we took the kids out for a walk. They managed to find our neighbor's cat. Coincidentally, it was Superman's cat. (If you read the Halloween post, you know who that is.) The cat is very affectionate - Missy even managed to fit in a hug. J Frog did not want to give up the chase, but the cat eventually tired of their attention.

2 comments:

Vinka said...

What a sweet kids!
And J Frog is finally walking on his own. That's great!

June said...

Cute video; that cat looks and acts exactly like Baxter (who's been living in PA since we moved to Arizona).