Sunday, January 04, 2009

Time With Grandparents

We were so lucky to have family members available to help us out during our au pair gap. I'm not sure I would have been able to hold onto my contract position if we hadn't had so much support. Oh, and I would have gone bat-shit insane. These kids, while awesome, are ridiculous. The babies need constant attention and LR needs... constant attention. To be fair, LR has really improved in the last few months - he can play by himself for extended periods of time and has picked up some social graces from preschool. One of his favorite new toys is the Tag reader and he will open a book at any time during the day and stay entertained.

I also managed to open Pandora's box, according to Daddy, by allowing LR to play Project Gotham 2 on the XBox. Now LR and Daddy spend each night before bed playing Project Gotham 4 or Star Wars: Lego on the XBox 360. I had no idea he'd be ready for video games, but he loves them. We're looking forward to doing some live gaming with Papa, SwingDaddy, and Bud.






I have no idea why all the pictures in this post are of Missy, but apparently she was more often photographed with a grandparent.





She loves her food!







And eating naked. Not even sure why she has a bib on...

2 comments:

Mazurka said...

Let me know when you get online! We'll get LR and Bud set up playing Lego Star Wars together.... that'll be awesome.

Helene said...

Hi Kara! Good to see you're back! I hope you and your family are doing well!