Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just Before Xmas!

It's hard to know where to start when you're more than a month behind with blogging. I need to cover Christmas, our au pair switch-er-roo, Missy's first steps, visits from a huge number of family members, and a god-awful week of stomach flu. I could start with posts from today (Jan 16th), but I think I'll write them on the days that would have been close to when they happened. That way it'll make sense when (if) the kids read it someday and my general readers can ignore the dates for a little while. Still with me?

So, it's almost Xmas and Grandma Nese has had a nice long visit with us, 2 weeks. She has helped fill the gap between au pairs. She's generous both with her time and with the gifts for the kids. She just can't stop herself from buying them toys! It's a little nuts. Derek's started calling it Chanukah-Christmas because we seem to be opening something every day. I'm not complaining though. The kids have loved the toys. One toy in particular keeps them really happy because Missy can push it while J Frog rides it. LR sometimes gets run over. It happens.

The days are still crazy busy, so it's nice to have a family member around all day instead of having help that goes off duty around dinner time. That means I have someone to help first thing in the morning and late at night. She helped get the babies from bath to bed and then helped me with dishes, laundry, and last minute Target runs. We kept the caffeine pouring and she kept the energy going. Thank you, Grandma Nese!

No comments: