Thursday, April 17, 2008

3 Nights in a Row!

For the past 3 nights the babies have slept from 8 or 9pm to 5am. It would be amazing except that LR usually still wakes up at least once during the night. When LR was 3 months old he was waking up every 2-4 hours. This is such a different experience. My friend Amy says that God only gives you as much as you can handle. That's why she supposes that her second child is a good sleeper. Her first was like LR and didn't sleep well at all. Since we're not big church goers, I don't know who to thank for getting two good sleepers, but I'm still really grateful.

The first time around, nights were the worst, but the day was great. We were able to watch LR's development in detail. I watched him sit, roll, crawl, coo, wave, make faces, giggle, etc. This time the nights are obviously better, but the days are a crazy hamster wheel. N and I juggle babies, do laundry, pick up after LR, cook meals, have play dates, go to classes with LR, play outside, and change ALL their diapers. There's not a free minute to breathe, much less enjoy every moment of their development. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out, but then I have to burp a baby.

No comments: